Laparoscopic Surgery: Procedure and Benefits
Surgical methods are evolving tremendously with the advancement in medical science. There are much safer and easier surgical methods available now, enhancing the quality of life for patients post-surgery. Laparoscopic surgery is one such advanced surgery. It is also called Keyhole surgery or minimally invasive surgery. It is a low-risk procedure that involves multiple small cuts or incisions. The cuts are smaller than other traditional forms of surgery. It is also used for the examination of abdominal organs and surgical procedures. There are several good Laparoscopic cancer surgery hospitals in Pune, providing a wide range of advanced surgical services for patients in need.
Procedure Of Laparoscopic Surgery
Laparoscopy is primarily used for diagnosis purposes. However, it can be used in surgical procedures as well. A surgeon performing Laparoscopic surgery inserts a laparoscope(a thin device with attached camera and light) in the patient’s body through small incisions made at the beginning of the surgery. A laparoscope helps surgeons to see the problem area of the organ. Surgery may involve other surgical equipment to complete the procedure. The additional equipment can also be inserted through the incision area. Since the incisions are often not more than half-inch long, it is also known as Keyhole Surgery.
Once the surgical procedure is complete, the surgeon carefully removes all the equipment and most CO2 from the abdomen. The small incisions or cuts are then stitched. The patient may feel tiredness or nausea because of the effect of the anesthesia.
Benefits Of Laparoscopic Surgery
As a modern surgical method, Laparoscopic procedures effectively address the underlying health issues related to the abdomen or pelvic region in a less painful way. There are several benefits of laparoscopic surgery in comparison to traditional surgical methods.
- Leaves smaller scars on the patient’s body post-surgery.
- The surgery requires only a few small incisions, resulting in lower risks of blood loss or the need for blood transfusion.
- The surgical procedure is minimally invasive and hence less painful. Patients do not suffer from heavy pain post-surgery.
- The patients get discharged from the hospital faster as compared to traditional surgery.
- Due to small incisions, the likelihood of developing infections in the sight of the surgery is less. However, patients must take proper care.
- The recovery is faster with Laparoscopic surgery. A patient who has undergone traditional surgery may need 4 to 8 weeks to recover.
- However, in the case of Laparoscopic surgery, a patient can get back to their daily routine after 2 to 3 weeks. It is safe and highly recommended for people who are always on the go.
- The internal scarring is less as compared to the traditional surgery.
- As the patient gets discharged within 2-3 days, it is a great way to save on the hospitalization charges.
When a surgical procedure is needed, Laparoscopic Surgery can heal the best. If you are facing health issues related to stomach, pelvic region, hernia, reproductive organs, or more- do not be scared if the doctor recommends undergoing Laparoscopic surgery. It is safe and will help you get relief from pain.
Galaxy Care Hospital is a pioneer and leader in Laparoscopy, Cancer Surgery. Apart from performing all types of cancer surgeries, our Department of Laparoscopy also provides surgeries for benign diseases.
Few commonly performed procedures in Laparoscopic surgeries:
Feel free to consult Galaxy Care Hospital, the best Laparoscopic cancer surgery hospital in Pune,India. We are always here to provide you with quality healthcare services.