Meet Our Doctor
Dr. Uday Phadke
NameDr. Uday Phadke
- Designation & Year : Lecturer
Hospital : Sassoon Hospital Duration : 1 year
- Designation & Year :Senior Registrar,1993
Hospital : KEM Hospital, Mumbai Duration :
- Designation & Year : Lecturer in Endocrinology and Diabetes
Hospital : KEM Hospital, Mumbai Duration : 1 year
- Designation & Year : Consultant Endocrinologist 1993
Hospital : Ruby Hall Clinic,Pune Duration :
- Designation & Year : Course designer and director of a program called ‘Clinical Endocrine Update’
- Open-label, randomized, comparative, multicentric clinical trial of R-sibutramine versus racemate sibutramine in the management of obesity
Phadke u, Deshmukh V C, Dhorepatil S, Kale S, Borse R T, Mandora V P Gandhi P M
Indian med Gaz 2007, 141(11), 430-40.
- Controversial question - HbA1c targets : does one size fit all or should they be tailored to individual patients?
Medicographia, Vol 35, No 1,2013,67
- Novel drugs for treating type 2 Diabetes.
Innovative Approaches in type 2 diabetes. Ed : Dr B M Jayaram 2012, 386-397
- Acute Myocardial Infarction in Graves’ Disease with Normal Coronaries.
Kavita Krishna, Shirish Hiremath, Uday Phadke.
The Indian Practitioner Vol 66 No 7 July 2013
- Guest Editorial on SGLT – 2 Inhibitors J Mah Asso Physicians
- Physical Activity and Exercise in Diabetes Mellitus.
RSSDI Textbook of Diabetes,3rd Edition,Ed: Dr H B Chandalia,2014;509-520
- Biology of Adipose Tissue.
ESI Manual of Clinical Endocrinology 2nd Edition. Ed Dr Sarita Bajaj 2015;881-888
- Observations in the MD(Med)Thesis on Electrophysiology of Neuropralytic snake bite were included in the article:Electrodiagnostic Approach of Neuro-muscular Junction Disorders.
Wadia R S, Reviews of Neurology,1996; Vol 3: 167-176
- Life member of the Indian Medical association (IMA)
- Life member of the Endocrine Society of India (ESI)
- Indian Society of Bone and Mineral Research (ISBMR)
- Life member of Research Society for the study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI)
- Member American association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE)
- Fellow of the American College of Endocrinology (FACE)
- Atlas of Gynaecologic Oncology -
- Chapter in Book “Just Hysterectomy” Editor –
- Atlas of Minimal Access Surgery in Oesophageal Cancer-
- Awarded the Vivian Fonseca Scholar Award by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) for the study titled ‘ Gastric bypass vs Medical/Lifestyle Care for type 2 Diabetes in South Asians with BMI 25-40 kg/sqm
- Faculty member for Diabetes training programs of Novo Nordisk Education Foundation
- Fetal origins of metabolic syndrome at an international diabetes meet in Singapore in Feb 2004
- Glitazones : revisited ; at Colombo in Feb 2003. Have spoken at various
- Advances in the treatment of Acromegaly in 2006 at the annual meeting of Endocrine Society of India 2006.
- Prediabetes at the annual meeting of RSSDI.
- Statins and diabetes – a debate at the annual meeting of the RSSDI in 2009.
- Endocrine illnesses in diabetes at the annual meeting of RSSDI in 2013
- Genetics of Diabetes in India at the annual meeting of the Asia Pacific Society of Bariatric Surgeons at Kuala Lumpur in 2014.
- Workshop on the use of Insulin Pumps and continuous glucose monitoring system at the annual meeting of the ESI at Kolkata in 2013.
- Sexual dysfunction in men and Idiopathic Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism at the annual conference of the ESI at Ahmedabad in 2015.
- Beta cell in type 2 diabetes at the annual meeting of the Maharashtra Chapter of RSSDI in 2016.
- Principles of Hormone Measurements by various Assay Systems at the annual meeting of the Indian Association of Clinical Biochemists.
- Part of the faculty practically every year for the past 10 years in academic programs designed and implemented by ADA(American Diabetes Association), EASD(European Association for the study of diabetes), Johns Hopkins University and Mayo Clinic.